Total Pageviews

Monday, September 26, 2011

LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL . . .

Well, I haven't been on for a while! I am pleased to say that I have made great progress. (I will go into more detail in future posts) It took a while to get on track, but I think I am finally there. It has nothing to do with weight, it has everything to do with living life!! Not that I wasn't living before, but when you  look at the glass half full, things look a whole lot better. I had a HUGE health scare and decided it was time to get things in order. My doctor gave me the push I needed  and I wasn't about to let it slip away. I am not going to lie, it has been hard, but what a great life altering experience it has been. Imagine being told you are obese and that you have lost 5 years of your life ~ well, when I heard  those words right after the health scare, I cried, but I realized that crying and thinking about change aren't going to  create change. So in order to reverse that diagnosis, and become healthier I needed to get working and working hard! And that is just what I am doing. I couldn't be doing what I am without my husband and kids. They have been  the most amazing support system. I can't even begin to tell you. It brings tears to my eyes when I think of just how lucky I am . . .  (I don't need diamonds, I just need that rotisserie chicken and a man who can provide me with that just at the right moment in time! and I am lucky enough to have that man in my life :) I have moved on and started fresh and it feels good. Thanks to my husband and kids who stood by me through thick and thin and I know I wasn't the easiest person to live with at times, but we made it through! And I am forever grateful! Who ever said that there was no light at the end of the tunnel, wasn't looking hard enough . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment